California Liquor License Type 47 - Liquor License Agents
Liquor Licence Agents
+1 800-799-9081


From start to finish, idea to opening, we’re the best in the industry to help you make it all happen

Created with Fabric.js 5.2.4
Liquor Licence Agents

If you’re opening a restaurant in California, you will most likely need a California liquor license. Even if you’re opening a family-style restaurant, you will require a California liquor license to serve any kind of alcohol. From a general alcohol permit to a beer and wine permit, a California liquor license is a must if your business has the intention of providing any kind of alcohol to your customers.

One of the most common types of liquor licenses for restaurants is the California Liquor License Type 47. The Type 47 license is specifically designated for businesses that primarily serve food. The California Department of Alcoholic Beverage Control (ABC) states that, in order to be issued a Type 47 license, your establishment must be a “bona fide eating place.” Basically, this means that your business must generate at least 51% of all gross sales from food. Also, the food must be true, prepared food that you would find in most restaurants or cafes.

The California Liquor License Type 47 is a general liquor license and allows the holder to serve beer, wine, liquor and spirits, and is designated as an “On-premises” license. This means that alcohol may be sold, opened and served on the premises, but may not sell closed containers to be consumed elsewhere.

If you feel that your business requires a California Liquor License Type 47, then you have come to the right place. We can help you to obtain a Type 47 license, no matter which county in California your business is in. We can either provide assistance and consultation in applying for a license directly from the ABC, or we can assist you by brokering the purchase of your California Type 47 liquor license.

Are you interested in selling your California Liquor License Type 47? Our team can assist you there too! We can ensure that we find the best value for your license, while also vetting any interested buyers to ensure that they are qualified under the requirements of the ABC.

Schedule an Appointment | 800.799.9081

Our professionals are readily available to hear your goals and needs, take 10 minutes to share with us your future plans and we’ll show you how perfectly we fit in with them.

Scroll to Top